Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Hate Hospitals, but I Love Seattle Grace!

Thursday night is my favorite TV night because I get to visit Seattle Grace Hospital and peak into the lives of Meredith Grey and her colleagues. I LOVE "Grey's Anatomy" for so many reasons. I love the actors and the music. But what I love most is the writing. It is absolutely brilliant. Somehow, the writers manage to teach life lessons to the characters and the audience without sounding "preachy." The characters change. The writers have not allowed the characters to remain stagnant from season to season. Instead, the grow and learn from patients and events that happen at the hospital.

Meredith Grey is the main character, hence the name of the show. When the show first began she was a depressed, damaged person who constantly sabotaged herself from experiencing anything positive. Well, it took a while, but eventually, Meredith became more and more aware of her patterns and how they were hurting her. She went to a counselor, on staff at Seattle Grace of course, and faced her issues with her now deceased brilliant doctor, mother head on. As a viewer I became so enthralled in her journey that I often found myself crying during the show! Well, I can be a bit of a sap, so I guess that's not shocking.

It looks like tonight's episode will focus on Alex's past growing up with a mentally ill mother and being moved from foster home to foster home. Once you learn about Alex's past, it's a little easier to accept his jerk status on the show. Although, I'm hoping for some growth from him too. There are only two episodes left before the summer hiatus. I can't wait to see what the cliffhanger will be so I can imagine where the writers will take us next. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's almost 9:00pm...

No comments:

Post a Comment